Profile authentication is the process of connecting your CY Login profile with your identity. By using your authenticated profile you can act as a real person during your transactions with the connected government electronic services.
Profile authentication for natural persons can be done in the following two ways:
1. Through electronic banking (eBanking). During this process the user is transferred to eBanking where she/he authorizes the bank to release to CY Login certain personal data (ID no, Tel.no, email, etc). In this way, it is possible for the state to provide personal electronic services to you. It is pointed out that during this procedure no financial data is transferred. You will be able to review the data and accept their transfer before the process is complete.
If you wish to authenticate your CY Login profile through eBanking press here.
2. By personally visiting a Citizen Service Centre (CSC) as described below:
Attention: Due to Covid-19 measures, CSCs operate at specific locations and only by arranging an appointment beforehand. For more information press here.The citizen must personally visit one of the following authorized centers:
For Cypriot citizens who live abroad authentication is done by visiting the Cyprus Embassy/Consulate at the country where they live where the following documents must be presented:
Required Documents (links to the forms are provided at the end of the paragraph)
1. The following documents are required for applications submitted by OFFICIALS of the legal entities under identification:
2. The following documents are required for applications submitted by SERVICE PROVIDERS:
3. For applications in which the official is a company REGISTERED OUTSIDE THE REPUBLIC OF CYPRUS, together with the authorization, the applicant must submit a Certificate of directors of the Competent Authority from the country in which the company is incorporated, in which the names of the company officials are mentioned. The Certificate must be signed by the Competent Authority of the country and must have been issued within the last two months . The Certificate must be certified through Apostille. In the case that the country in which the company is incorporated, does not comply with the Apostille Treaty, the Certificate must be certified by the certification Authority of the country.
4. For applications concerning company identification UNDER LIQUIDATION, the following documents must be submitted:
• Form CYL/1/EK completed
• Civil Identity of the person presenting the documents.
5. Applications concerning the identification of a company UNDER RECEIVERSHIP, must be signed by a company official. The documents referred to in point 1 concerning an application by an OFFICIAL of the legal entity are required. The application must also be signed by the Receiver Manager.
Note: Applicants should confirm with the identification point (CSCs, District Postal Offices, District offices of Ministry of Commerce, Department of the Registrar of Companies), the processing time and how the applications will be processed (eg immediate examination or subsequent examination) especially for requests for identification of multiple legal entities